Free Computer Recycling for Schools and Businesses
When you upgrade your technology systems, how do you dispose of the surplus PCs, laptops, printers and accessories that are no longer needed by your School or Organisation? They might not be of use to you, but they can still hold value for others. TechnoBytes provides a cost-effective and safe solution for PC, Laptop and Printer disposal. The UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE directive) came into force on January 2nd 2007 in the UK. It aims to minimise the impact of electrical and electronic goods on the environment, by increasing re-use and recycling, and reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill.
As well as supplying IT equipment, TechnoBytes provide a comprehensive FREE service for the collection and disposal of redundant IT equipment. We specialise in secure and safe disposal of equipment for the business and education sectors. As well as the obvious benefits to the environment, by letting us recycle your redundant equipment you can be sure that any personal or sensitive data held on your devices will be securely removed, ensuring that they can not be discovered by third parties. Hard drives are sanitised in accordance with the ‘Guidelines for Media Sanitization’ published in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88 and HMG Infosec Standard 5 Baseline level (which is part of a family of IT Security Standards published by Communications-Electronics Security Group (CESG)).
We routinely use ‘Secure Erase’, which is produced by University of California – Centre for Magnetic Recording Research, and its development was sponsored by The National Security Agency (America) (http://www.destructdata.com/nist-verification-sections.html). We also have Kroll Ontrack Eraser Software which sanitises hard drives to HMG Infosec Standard 5 Enhanced level if required. If we are not able to ‘Secure Erase’ a hard disk for any reason, we use Physical Drive Destruction to ensure any data present can no longer be accessed.
TechnoBytes will issue the School or Business with a FREE Certificate of Data Destruction once the hard drives have been sanitised for the school or business’s Data Protection and WEEE compliance records.
TechnoBytes is a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher. The Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program is designed for refurbishers across the globe that wish to supply refurbished PCs and Laptops preinstalled with Microsoft software to local consumers, businesses, educational institutions, and not for profit entities. Refurbishers that apply to join the program must pass an online test before membership is approved. This test ensures all members fully understand the program rules, their obligations, and the quality of service and knowledge that is required to be in the Registered Refurbisher program.
We provide you with the benefits of:
- Protect corporate data. Disposing of PC’s and Laptops through a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher helps to protect your valuable business data. Because we are required to meet American and British Government standards for data removal, you can feel safer knowing that your data has been removed. A free Data Destruction Certificate will be issued for your Data Protection and WEEE records.
- Demonstrate environmental leadership by decreasing e-waste. You are helping to advocate reuse and decrease waste by keeping your old, but usable, PC’s, laptops, printers and other IT accessories out of landfills, reducing waste and environmental impact.
- Provide PCs to organisations and communities in need. You are helping supply PCs, laptops and other IT equipment that will be refurbished and sold to businesses, schools, nonprofit organisations, and other customers who cannot afford new computers.
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Organisation ID 240004546
Environment Agency Registration
TechnoBytes is registered with the Environment Agency as an Upper Tier Carrier Dealer of Waste. This enables us to collect your redundant IT equipment from your school or organisation, ensuring we abide by The Environment Agency’s ‘The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011.
Environment Agency Registration Number: CB/DM3883GN
Benefits of Recycling IT equipment
- Security: Ensure all personal information is securely wiped from devices so that it cannot be discovered by future owners of the equipment
- Convenience: Our FREE collection service removes any hassle from the recycling process
- Environmental: Re purposing of old equipment reduces the environmental impact of computer ownership
We will collect Computers, Laptops, Monitors, Printers, Keyboards, Mice and any other IT related decommissioned item FREE OF CHARGE
Get in touch with us today to arrange for your old equipment to be recycled.